Date: October 26, 27 and 28
Duration: 3 days
Location: Monart Art School Ottawa, 2445 St. Laurent Blvd., Suite B2-244
Instructor: Fernando Freitas
The workshop focuses on creating a painted portrait using a photo reference. Participants learn the key principles of working from photos, and most importantly, what to keep and what to leave out from the photographs.
- Titanium White, Lead White
- Cad Yellow Med
- Ivory Black or lamp black
- Raw Umber
- Red Umber
- Cad Red Med
- Burnt Umber
- Cad Orange
- Yellow Ochre light or Pale
- Indian red
- Ultramarine Blue
- Alizarian crimson
Note: Purchase only Artist Grade paints. Do not use Winton or water soluable paints.
- Oldorless mineral spirits (GamSol). Turpentine is NOT permitted in the studio
- Prepared acrylic canvas 1 – 18 x 24
- Linseed oil. Damar varnish is NOT permitted in the studio.
- Palette (Select one of the following) Glass or Wood – must be sealed Paper (Grey Matters)
- 2 Palette knives; long blades
- 2 Medium cups
- 2 Small jars for cleaning brushes
- Mahl stick (a ½ inch diameter dowel approximately 30 inches)
- Rags or paper towels or shop towels
- Knitting needle
- Bristle – natural or synthetic filbert 3 to 5 brushes from small to medium widths
- Soft hair – natural or synthetic filbert 3 to 5 brushes from small to medium to large widths.
- You will also require 3 liner brushes. No flats or round brushes.